The Ambridge Group (which includes Ambridge Partners LLC, Ambridge Europe Limited (and its subsidiary, Ambridge Europe GmbH & Co. KG) (“The Group” or “we” and each entity a “Group Entity”) provides underwriting and/or insurance-related services. This Underwriting & Insurance Services Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process the personal data or personal information of individuals whose personal information we obtain in connection with the insurance-related products and services that we offer to our business customers, such as when we underwrite insurance policies and administer insurance coverage claims (collectively, the “Services”).
The Group’s processing of personal data or personal information in connection with the Services is governed by this Underwriting & Insurance Services Privacy Statement and our customer agreements, including without limitation any Non-Disclosure Agreements, Expense Agreements or other agreement (each, a “Customer Agreement”) with any Group Entity. In the event of any conflict between this Underwriting & Insurance Services Privacy Statement and a Customer Agreement, the Customer Agreement will control to the extent permitted by applicable law.
This Underwriting & Insurance Services Privacy Statement is not a substitute for any privacy notice that any Group Entity’s Customers are required to provide to their employees or other individuals.
Information We Collect
Information provided to us by Customers in connection with their use of the Services. This may include personal data or personal information that Customers provide when they:
- Provide information in connection with soliciting the Services in their capacity as a representative of a business; or
- Submit documents, such as presentations or due diligence materials, to a Group Entity for purposes of underwriting and other insurance-related services. We process this information only to provide the Services, as described in this Underwriting & Insurance Services Privacy Statement and the relevant Customer Agreements (as such term is defined herein).
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
To provide our Services, which includes using information for the purposes of:
- Underwriting due diligence and assessing materials submitted in connection with claims for insurance coverage and other notifications under the insurance policies we underwrite;
- Performing KYC and AML checks;
- Determining whether additional information is needed for purposes of underwriting or claims servicing; and
- To improve the Services and develop new products and services.
Our legal basis for processing personal information for the above purposes is our legitimate interest in providing services to our Customers (as such term is defined herein).
To comply with law: We may use personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable law.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety: As we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
Our legal basis for processing personal information for these purposes is our legitimate interest in operating our business.
How We Share Information
We share the information we collect with:
- Our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates (including all Group Entities) for purposes consistent with this Underwriting & Insurance Services Privacy Statement;
- The insurers (and their reinsurers and legal advisors) for which we underwrite;
- Third party service providers that help us administer, execute, manage and improve the Services;
- Our professional advisors, such as lawyers, accounting/financial/professional advisors, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional Services that they render to us; and
- Government, regulator, law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law or regulation, when we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable law; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of a Group Entity’s business or assets, including personal data or personal information, in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Data Subject Rights
For the purposes of this Agreement, the term “Customer” includes any person or entity, together with their affiliates, that requests our underwriting and/or insurance-related services as well as their representatives (including employees, brokers, legal advisors and other professional advisors).
Customers of a Group Entity are data controllers of the personal data or personal information they provide to us, and have a direct relationship with the Customer providing the personal data or personal information to the Group Entity in connection with the Services. Our Customers are responsible for providing or requiring their Customers to provide all necessary privacy notices to the individuals to whom the personal data or personal information pertain, as well as receiving and responding to – or requiring their Customers to receive and respond to – data subjects’ requests to exercise any rights afforded to them under applicable data protection law. The Group will assist Customers in responding to such requests as set forth in a Customer Agreement, if applicable. For additional information concerning Data Subject Rights, please contact [email protected].
Information for Individuals in the European Economic Area , United Kingdom and Switzerland (collectively, “Europe”):
Data subjects in Europe whose information is processed by Ambridge Partners LLC, and data subjects whose information is processed by Ambridge Europe Limited and its subsidiaries (including Ambridge Europe GmbH & Co. KG), have rights to request to: access, correct, delete, and transfer their personal information; and restrict and object to our processing of personal information.
Cross Border Data Transfer
If we transfer personal data or personal information to third parties outside of Europe, we verify that the transfer is supported by an appropriate legal basis, such as the third party’s Swiss-US Privacy Shield certification, model clauses, Binding Corporate Rules, or other legal basis.
Subject to the terms of any Customer Agreements with the Group, we retain personal data or personal information for as long as necessary to (a) provide the Services; (b) comply with legal obligations; (c) resolve disputes; and (d) enforce the terms of Customer Agreements. we will retain data as set forth in a Customer Agreement, if applicable. For additional information concerning the Group’s data retention practices, please contact [email protected].
If you have any question about this Underwriting & Insurance Services Privacy Statement, you can contact our privacy team at [email protected].
The mailing address for Ambridge Partners LLC is:
Ambridge Partners LLC
Attn: Legal – Privacy
1140 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
The mailing address for Ambridge Europe Limited is:
Ambridge Europe Limited
Attn: Legal – Privacy
London EC3V 3QQ
The mailing address for Ambridge Europe GmbH & Co.,KG, which is the data controller for individuals located in Europe is:
Ambridge Europe GmbH & Co, KG
Attn: Legal – Privacy
60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Residents within Europe also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority of their member state.